This is a restaurant favorite! An unconventional – much easier – take on lasagna!
Total Time: 1hr 15min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 1 hr (including cooling)
Yield: 8 servings
24 Butera chicken meatballs
1 lb lasagna noodles
Qt. store bought or homemade marinara sauce
2 Cups part-skim ricotta cheese
1 Cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
1 Bag, (16 ounce) fresh, clean, flat leaf spinach
4 Cups grated mozzarella cheese (about 1 lb.)
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
•. Cook noodles as per instructions on box. Cool pasta, drain and pat dry
•. In a large mixing bowl: Combine meatballs, pasta, 3 cups of sauce, 2 cups mozzarella, 2 cups ricotta, 1 cup Parmesan cheese and spinach. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
• Spread 1 cup of sauce over bottom of 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
• Place mixture evenly in casserole (distribute meatballs evenly).
(Can be prepared up to 1 day ahead, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
• Cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake lasagna 25minutes
• Uncover - Sprinkle remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese evenly over mixture and bake until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
• Let lasagna stand 15 minutes before serving.